New features in WordPress by J. Marsland.
A few of the news are:
- Native custom fields
- Font Library (so the themes.json method was too cumbersome)
- Navigation improvements
- Real time collaboration prototype (available via the Gutenberg plugin)
Now we’re at it:
Typical Beginner Errors
Yet another useful Marsland video. Most beginners make these errors.
Marsland suggest this workflow:
- Don’t put the actual page content in the Site Editor.
- Create two new pages, your home page and block/posts page as set in reading settings as normal.
- Edit the home page template in the Site Editor to create your blog layout.
- Create a new Front Page template in order to design your front- og homepage.