Read my new free e-book WordPress in the Classroom. This book was made for the student or teacher who wants to understand WordPresss.
- Part One: Making WordPress
- The history of WordPress
- Ideas behing the different themes from 2010 – 2017
- The making of Twenty Seventeen
- Part Two: Diving Into Themes
- How to write a theme
- Tweak a theme via a Child Theme
- The important theme files explained: index.php, style.css, fuctions.php
- News in WordPress 4.x – REST API, develop with Nodejs features, REST API.
Use this book in the classroom. It is published under a creative commons licence, so you are free to download and use it when you want to know more about WordPress.